Monday, February 22, 2010

C25K Week 2 Review (2/15-2/20)

Monday
Thought about exercising (again)
48+ oz of water

Tuesday
Ummm... nada
48+ oz of water

Wednesday
The nothing is getting a little redundant... starting to worry! Without clean sidewalks this exercising thing looks like its gonna crash and burn before I even get off the ground.
48+ oz of water

Thursday
20 min C25k program (week 1 version)
13 min walking
Full stretch/strengthen routine
48+ oz of water

Friday
20 min Pilates (buns & thighs... boy were they both burning!)
1/2 stretch/strengthen routine
48+ oz of water

Saturday
Back to nothing... but I did sew a skirt and started an apron!
24 oz of water

So a few notes from week 2. I started a mini journal and that has been awesome for tracking my movements and eating habits. Both of which aren't so good. The water intake has helped and my body can tell when I haven't gotten my 48oz. Weird, I know, but true. I'm even craving healthy food. Well... the body/stomach is craving healthy but my mouth hasn't let go of the goodies and sweets yet. I'm gonna have a "come to ??...er...  your senses" meeting with my mouth over the intake situation. Stretching is still not happening as it should. Mostly I'm just lazy or I forget. The one day I did the routine 2 days in a row I ended up hurting myself. So I'm going to break apart the routine into stretches and strenthen exercises. Stretching absolutely needs to happend after running, so those will be on one day. On the off days I plan on continuing my strengthening routine for knee health. I think this will help. I'm also going to try and add pilates to the days I can't get outside to run. At least I'll be something! (Thanks, Erin, for the reminder that I have these DVDs, lol).

Upside of last week is that I wrote everything down, drank almost all my water, and put myself on a strict sleep regime! Writing down helps me feel accountable and I can see where the holes are in my planning and action. Right now too much is resting on the weather and I need to look for alternate indoor activities that don't need the gym. Wishing I had brought my Plyometrics DVD for a supplement!

So my plan this week? Continue with the water intake. Muy importante! I feel better and so do my lips as I drink, drink, drink. I'm going to re-write my meal plans for healthier choices. While I've been doing really well cooking at home (anyone who knows us knows we used to eat out 5-6 nights a week), I've had too much fun making REALLY unhealthy recipes. Not to mention the quick cookie batches multiple nights each week. All the butter and sugar is definitely catching up to my stomach! Pilates and strengthen routine on off days. And, hopefully, running 3 days this week (on the week 2 schedule even though I'm moving into week 3... this is due to the lack of consistency during the first 2 weeks). The snow is melting, but I hope it's enough to get out on the sidewalks. Both Josser and I need time outdoors!

Quick Goal Review for Week 3
1. 3 days of the C to 5k program (week 2 schedule) w/stretching
2. Pilates & strengthen on "off" days
3. 48 oz of water every day by dinner time (cont'd)
4. Healthier meal choices

* Found out running shoes are going to have to wait. Maybe for my birthday! JOE... HINT HINT, lol.

1 comment:

KatieLarson said...

You are at least making some kind of effort which is more than I have been doing. I was serious when I said I was going to do that training regime with you, however, my weeks have had some issues so I haven't started yet. I am a true excuse maker because Brian bought me a wonderful treadmill last year and I should be on it faithfully everyday, right? I sure do think about it everyday. :) Even as a SAHM I can't seem to find the time (or the energy when the time is right). I finally am understanding what people mean when they say you have to make time for yourself, no more excuses. :)

Keep up the good work friend. Love you!