Tuesday, March 2, 2010

C25K Review Week 3 (2/22-2/27)

Monday
20.5 min C25K (week 2 skd)
28.5 min walking
Full stretch routine
64.9 oz of water

Tuesday
20 min pilates (beginner)
Full strength routine
72 oz of water

Wednesday
Walked every single aisle at Costco... does that count?
48 oz of water

Thursday
20 min pilates (buns & thighs)
Strenth routine
not enough water

Friday
20.5 min C25K program (week 2 skd)
5 min walking
Full stretch routine
40 oz of water

Saturday
20.5 min C25K program (week 2 skd)
19.5 min walking
Full stretch
not enough water

Discovered that running outside is SO different than running on a treadmill! My body felt like I was pushing a faster pace than in the gym (heavy breathing, exhaustion, etc), but it didn't feel like I was moving hardly at all. Weird! Need to make sure that at least one run each week is outdoors. Good news... my pants feel looser! Which is awesome. I can't say I was super successful eating healthy, but I think I improved. I also found out Costco has running shoes for $30. Need to check that out. And also reaffirmed that workign out with a friend is WAY better than going solo. Helps, too, that Marla and I report our daily actv to each other. Makes me feel more accountable.

My morning schedule has been slipping and I need to get back on track. Water intake was down and I felt it through dry skin and dryer lips. Ouch! Also discovered I need to do some instep strengthening to help with an old injury.

Quick Goal Review for Week 4
1. 3 days of the C to 5k program (week 3 schedule) w/stretching... at least one session outside
2. Pilates & strengthen on "off" days
3. 48 oz of water every day by dinner time (GET BACK ON TRACK!)
4. Healthier meal choices (cont'd)
5. Daily instep strengthening (yay for Annie's ballet techniques!

3 comments:

Naomi said...

Awesome on the pants feeling looser! The water was one of the hardest things for me when I first started out trying to lose weight last year. Funny thing is that it is still hard for me. Not because I want to drink something else I just don't drink hardly anything anyway. Oh, and going to the bathroom constantly was annoying. But an upside is it curbed hunger and your skin becomes really soft! Looks like you had a great week and love your Costco exercise. I really need to do that! :)

Erin said...

This is great Deb! I am so proud of you! Is there a website for this Cto 5k thing? Let me know! I love you!

Sara Crewe said...

I am so inspired by your posts! I used to run a couple of times a week back home, but not since before the mission. I think I'm going to take it up again! <3!