Monday, February 8, 2010

Super Bowl Sunday

Rather tired of being cramped up at home, we took the Cechini's up on their offer to spend super bowl Sunday with their family. The roads had been relatively cleared by early afternoon and it was nice to be outside and NOT wading through snow. The afternoon/evening was lots of fun. We played outside for a bit in the parental's backyard. Well, the others played and I took pictures (I really am not a fan of being cold and wet. It's funny that I lived for over 15 years in Utah without ever feeling the need to buy winter gear and after only a few months in Maryland I'm wishing for snowpants, gloves, boots and more. Craziness!) The sledding was fun, dinner FANTASTIC, and the Super Bowl awesome. I didn't get sick until it was almost over, so I'm grateful my revolting body (it's wired incorrectly and we're still trying to figure out how to fix it) waited until the last few minutes to shut down. Matt and Annie got us home safe and then I spent the rest of the night sleeping half propped on the couch, trying not to move. (If I don't move, it almost doesn't hurt!)

Here are some snow pics without further ado!


Joe checking out the snow fort. (Love this pic! It's definitely getting framed!)


Steven... creator of said snow fort.

Annie Cechini with her brother Steven and sister Beth.

Beth is SO adorable! Lots of energy and fun to chat with. She and I spent the better part of the afternoon designing the best dress for Annie.

The parentals. Brother & Sister Henderson.

Another view of how much snow really fell on Saturday.


Annie's first sled run. She needed a little push to get started; she's just too light to get the momentum on her own! But it works to her advantage for distance.


I lost him in the snow if he didn't keep his head up! It's a mini-luge down their back hill.



Beth and Annie's run quickly turned into a snow fight.

Another run for Joe.

Steven surfing the hill. It went well until he tried adjusting his hold toward the botton. Too bad I didn't get his epic wipeout!

Beth clearning a path for me in my non-snow friendly attire. This stuff is like quicksand! It all looks packed and walkable, but one false step and you find yourself up to your waist in snow!

I love this one of Joe. He's just so stinkin' handsome! Even wrapped up in all his snow gear. I hope I get to have a little boy that looks just like him someday!

4 comments:

KatieLarson said...

How can you not love the copious amounts of awesomeness? JK Looking at the pictures make me want to play in good snow, but then I remember the effort that goes into it and I usually change my mind. Miss you.

Renee Hill said...

Deb,

Cheryl, Margaret and Vicki are in DC right now at BSA!!! They almost didn't make it because you have more snow than we do. Miss you!!
Love Renee

ESN said...

YEA! I LOVE THIS! Thanks so much for inviting me to come and check out your cute fam.

Erin said...

what a blast! I used to love snow forts. Funny that I feel the same way about snow. I have no desier to play in it:)