Monday, May 24, 2010

Sewing Project: New Jean Skirt

So I bought a cheap pair of jeans that I loved. Only problem is that I miss judged the size. They were too big! Instead of returning them (as I bought them in Utah and didn't realize my problem until I returned to Maryland), I decided to make a skirt out of them. I'm really trying to branch out from patterns and try a new things. I heard a great quote today... "Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep." I really want to be more creative... be willing to allow myself to make mistakes without thinking "OFF with her head!" every time I mess up. I'm glad this little project turned out. I still need to take it in a bit more, but you get the idea. And yes, it came with the paint splatter and I LOVE the raw edge.





Josser wanted to be featured with the skirt as well. Just like a kid... wants to be the center of everything. But he's so cute I thought I'd oblige. :)

4 comments:

KatieLarson said...

Love it! I saw a tutorial for something like this on youtube. You did a fantastic job. I was waiting to be brave enough to attempt this skirt, maybe I will do it sooner than later now. My inspiration! Loves

Belle of the Blues said...

Love the skirt! Nice improv, sista. I spent all day sewing today...I loved it! See you soon. xo

Al said...

SO CUTE!!! :D If you ever want more denim...*chortle*

Team Reid said...

Well done! It's adorable!