Monday, May 24, 2010

Cathing Up: April 24... Stake Roseball

Hold onto your chairs! This was the SECOND DANCE Joe has taken me to in less than a year! I know, I know. I was amazed as well! (Though I knew he always had it in him).

The roseball event out here is HUGE! They put tons of effort into this every year and even have a live Jazz band come play the music. This year's theme was 1940's USO, which was neat because they encouraged all the military persons to come dressed in uniform. We have tons of military personnel in the stake and they all came dressed to the nine. I LOVED it! The music was fun and I was surprised at how many amazing dancers we have!!! Seriously. This wasn't your "swing side to side and turn in a circle" kind of dancing. Couples were fox trotting, waltzing, and "other dance names I don't know"-ing around the floor. I've decided that Joe and I will definitely need some dance classes before next year! Here are a couple of pics from the evening. I didn't take a lot as I was SOOO not feeling well (the beginning stages of the plague), but I did have a nice evening with wonderful friends.

L to R: Annie Cechini, Chantel Calder, Debbie Burns (me)
Annie, Chantel and another friend of theirs played the part of the Sanderson Sisters for the evening and they rocked it! I especially loved their Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy!

Annie drew all the artwork for the evening, including a photo-realistic drawing of the famous "Kiss in Times Square" photograph. Joe was a good sport and provided me my own kiss to remember! I think we totally nailed the pose. Thanks, Chantel, for catching this one on camera!

1 comment:

KatieLarson said...

Sounds like so much fun!