Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Catching Up: April 1-April 8... Harper's Ferry

Tuesday, THANKFULLY, was driving day. I took the girls (as Joe was more than happy to be at work... too much walking for him over the weekend) and we drove over to Harper's Ferry in West Virginia. While it was THE armory for the nation for a spell, the real reason we visited there was because a) it was close and b) it was in West Virginia. Hanna was on a mission while visiting to get to as many states as possible. Harper's fit the bill and so away we went. It actually turned out to be a VERY adorable, neigh, gorgeous piece of history with beautiful vistas. We had lunch at a little inn on the main street that overlooked the old part of town and the rivers. It was wonderful! I'm actually really excited to take Joe back there for some much needed R&R. It looks like a fabulous place for strolling or hiking, which ever suits your fancy. I also saw people in swim suits so there must be a place for swimming somewhere around there.

Our view from where we ate lunch.


As it was a day for adventure, I decided to get my palm read to find out what "all the fuss" with psychics is about. I will admit that being a fan of The Mentalist "ruined" it for me. I could tell she was probing for information and found some of her answers to be so general they would fit almost anyone. She got some things right and others things WAY wrong, lol. It was a good experience for me as it removed the "mystery" of palm reading and reminded me that my best source for "future telling" is God. Who better to tell me my future than the One making it happen?

After my little adventure we went shopping at some the boutiques and then poked around the "historic" part of town. I think the whole place is historic, but what do I know.

In honor of Hanna's mission we headed down to Leesburg, VA in order to cross Virgina off her list. It was another quaint town with antique shops and the like. My favorite part was Baskin Robbins. Nothing like some good ole' ice cream on a VERY hot day!

I was grateful for a respite from walking and enjoyed the scenic drive with friends.

3 comments:

Betsy said...

Well I am glad you are back longtime for no post!! Hopefully your grandpa is feeling better!!

KatieLarson said...

I got my palm read while in Atlantic City on a trip. She actually told me that I need to give her some kind of response to make it work. I just let her hold my hand and I didn't acknowledge anything. Finally she said my palms were unreadable. LOL! I got the answer I was looking for in a palm reader. They are cheaters.

Erin said...

How fun! The pic are sooo beautiful! I can't wait till we can make it out. I hope someday.