Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Catching Up: April 1-April 8... Happy Birthday to ME

For my birthday the girls decided to let me pick anywhere I wanted to go. I chose the National Zoo. I'm not sure if it's the animals or the way it makes me feel like a little kid again, but I love the zoo! We stopped for carrot cake on the way over (haha... take that Joe!) in honor of my birthday and then strolled through the park. I love that the National Zoo is free and is filled with some great exhibits. It's not huge, but it is quality. I saw some of my favorites (orangutans and tigers) and some new friends as well (prairie dogs and panda bears).
Tina and Hanna... rarr!

Actual Panda bear! He looks like a guy in a suit, but it's the real deal. It was cool. Don't think I've ever seen a panda up close and personal before.

An old friend.

Just for Joe... my tiger reincarnated as a man.

Love this one. Reminds me of Josser.

Another Lioness.

So cute!

After the Zoo (and a LONG walk back to the metro... someone like me should never try to introduce "short cuts") we headed home so Tina could fix me a special birthday dinner. It was YUMMY! I loved it. We had some type of new chicken using cooking sherry (a first), homemade garlic mashed potatoes (a first), steamed asparagus (a first) and cheesecake for dessert (a classic). I LOVED dinner and was super excited to try so many new things. Thanks, Tina! Love the food and the recipes!


Thursday morning was relaxed as the girls got ready to head back to Utah. I am SOOO glad they came to visit and enjoyed every moment I had with them. Thanks, ladies! I can't wait for the next one! Florida... right Hanna?

3 comments:

Naomi said...

WOWZERS, Ms. Debbie, did you ever catch up! Looks like you are having a wonderful time over there. That is one of the things we really miss the most on the East coast is the countless amount of things to do and see. Especially seeing how many states we can cover over a weekend! I can totally relate to your friend. LOL. Your looking great and Happy Belated Birthday!

Nanda said...

Deb, I've been thinking about you. I love reading your blog!! Hugs to you!

Marla B said...

Everytime you go venture out to new places-makes me JEALOUS!! ahh! lucky you to be back there!!