Monday, May 24, 2010

Catching Up: April 23... Burns Boys Visit

So Jimmy and Jake came for a VERY short visit back on the 23rd of April. They actually flew in around 11p on Thursday, April 22 and then left before the butt crack of dawn on Saturday, April 24 to drive our truck back to Utah. We appreciate their sacrafice in driving the truck back across the country so we could get it sold. Thanks guys! And thank you to your wives for sharing you with us... even if we only had you for about 24 hours.

Even though time was so short, we decided to make the best of it with a quick trip to D.C. (I LOVE that we live in the coolest place ever!)

(L to R): Jimmy, Jake and Joe waiting for the metro. Jimmy is the oldest of the boys and then Joe and then Jake is the youngest. They have sisters that land on either end of the set (not pictured here).

Infront of the National Archives. We didn't get a chance to go inside, but I thought it made a good photo opp.

On the national mall with the capital building in the background. There were crews out setting up for a huge Earth Day bash.

Jimmy, Joe and I headed toward the Washington Monument.

A couple of shots of the WWII monument. Doesn't look very cool in the photos, but I promise it is gorgeous in person.

I loved being able to see Joe hang out with his brothers (so glad they let me tag along!). I could tell he was super happy. As much as he pretends to be strong, I know he misses these guys. I can't wait for Jimmy and Marla to come in August!

No comments: