Thursday, July 30, 2009

Almost Only Counts in Horseshoes...

So we almost had a job in Maryland... ALMOST. Both Joe and I totally thought he had the position. We would be moving next week to Baltimore (it all happened so fast). And let me say, we were SO EXCITED!!! I am all about adventure and this would have been a wonderful opportunity to live in and explore the east coast. But, alas, it didn't happen. At the last moment they decided to "go another direction." Bla bla bla. We think a lot of it had to do with the relocation. They were really trying to find someone local. Downside is that we still feel VERY strong that Maryland is where we are supposed to be. It can be so frustrating at times to have faith when you feel something is right... and all the pieces seem to fall into place... only to have it all blow up at the last minute. Our hopes are not completely dashed right now. We are still trying to follow what we feel is the Spirit guiding our lives. Trying to be open to go wherever the Lord wants us (even if that means staying here). Trying to figure it all out and take the right steps. So if I am inattentive for awhile, know that I love you. I'm just getting ready for a move that hasn't come to fruition yet (packing, cleaning, decluttering, selling, and landscaping). Crazy, I know. But isn't that what you've come to expect from me?

4 comments:

Erin said...

lol well if I am feeling to neglected I'll let you know:) Gotta have my Debbie fix!

Betsy said...

Me and Nate felt that way about where we are now. When we first tried nothing worked out but then we just moved here and now the blessing we have received have been quite bountiful, listen to what your heart is telling you if Heavenly Father wants you there you will get there.

Nic said...

Go with your heart! It is true, he will find a way for you to get there if that is where you need to be. I miss you Debbie. I hope that we can get together soon. Found out some interesting things today at the doctor. Oh my, things are always so crazy! Love you tonz!

Debbie Burns said...

Thanks for the love and support my friends! Life is so much easier knowing I have women like you in my corner!