Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Mama Mia Day 2

Not so many pics today. We spent a leisurely morning watching High School Musical 3 (the first half) and kipper. Around 11am we headed over to ChuckE.Cheese for some fun. I almost entitled this blog ChuckE.Cheese = Hell because once you get in there, you can NEVER leave!!! The kids had such a great time we spent over 3 HOURS there! We met up with Brenda and her kids (Kazia and Jade) for about the first hour. The girls had SO much fun together! They pretty much went on every ride together and played every game together.

Charlie was content to just ride the ChuckECheese mobile over and over and OVER again. (No kidding... i think we burned 20 tokens on that ride). I believe his favorite part is getting his picture taken with the plastic ChuckECheese (the real one sends him screaming in terror).

Here's just a few more snap shots of fun at The Cheese.

After I FINALLY got them away from "pleasure island," we headed over to the hospital for a visit with Mommy and Sophie, the newest member of the family. It was fun watching this little family. Marla is such a wonderful mother. Love just emanates from her as she interacts with her kids. And you know they love her too! (Every time we completed an activity the kids would say, "I can't wait to do this with my mom!" ...No hard feelings, Marla. LOL).


Sophie is precious. I loved all the shots of the three girls together.



Charlie just slept on the couch. (And about time! hehe. It took me almost 36 hours to get that boy to take a nap!)

Later in the evening we headed over to BS's mom's house for a swim. Brooklyn, Kazia and Jade were waiting for their new friends. I wish I had taken some pictures. I thought I left my camera at home only to discover later that it was in my purse the whole time! Sarah was quick to jump right in (with floaties on of coarse) while Charlie took a little more time warming up to the idea. The best was when he finally decided he wanted to swim. I wouldn't allow him in the pool without a swim diaper but the only one I had was a pink swimmer with The Little Mermaid on it. He refused to put it on! His reason? He didn't want to wear girl underwear! I swear, straight from his own mouth. I tried to convince him that it was a boy swimmer too because it had Flounder and Sebastian on it. That didn't work. Finally Linda (BS's mom) told him it was a Sponge Bob Square Pants swimmer because it had a star fish on it. That did the trick (thank you Linda!!!) and the swimmers were on him in a flash!

Both Charlie and Sarah did super well in the water. Sarah went down the water slide and even put her face under the water! Charlie let us coax him away from the steps and take him for a little ride around the pool while he hung out in an inner tube.

I loved that all the kids got along so well! My family just adores Sarah and Charlie. They asked if I could keep them just a few more days so all the kids could hang out again. As much fun as I think they've been having, they REALLY want to go home. All they've been talking about tonight is getting to go home with Mommy and baby Sophie tomorrow. I'm just glad I've been able to have them around the last few days. They have been wonderful! And I have enjoyed almost every minute (I'll be honest... I don't think I'll ever enjoy early mornings... hehe)!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Wow you guys had so much fun! I am sorry we missed out on it all. Maybe next time:) Great pics!