Thursday, July 2, 2009

Karate Tournament

So this was FOREVER ago, but I just found the pictures again and thought I would post a few. This was our first tournament. Actually, this was Joe's first tournament. I decided not to participate. I have no other excuse than it made me so nervous I wanted to vomit just thinking about it! So I went as a spectator and Joe participated in sparring. (Though I don't have any pictures of that... I filmed it and then never downloaded the tape from the video recorder... hmmm... sounds like there is A LOT I need to catch up on.) Anyway, we had tons of fun and were so grateful for Jake and Cooper who came to support us. While we waited for Joe's event we had the chance to watch all of the instructors spar W/OUT gear. It was CRAZY!!! We also supported some of the other members from our studio who came. All in all it was great and so not as scary as I had imagined. Next time around, I am SO competing!!! Here are some pics of the event.

So I wasn't sure what we would need so I packed EVERYTHING except the kitchen sink... it wouldn't fit in my purse... I tried!

Joe all cute and ready for his first day at school... I mean tournament!

These guys are royalty in the USSD world. They are black belts multiple times over and carry the title of Master. It was weird to watch people running up to them for autographs and pictures. My picture isn't the best because they were so far away, but I had a little fun with it in photoshop.

This is our Sensei Jared. He is just about to perform for the masters. Sorry he's so small. I was in the bleachers w/out a crazy cool lense. Oh well. :)

I LOVE this shot of Cooper with Jake. We are so glad they came. It was nice having their support that day. And we loved sharing our new passion with them.

2 comments:

KatieLarson said...

Those are some sweet pictures....good job!

Erin said...

Cooper is darling! Looks like a cool tournament. Next time let us know we would love to come and support you guys!