Saturday, July 11, 2009

Where is Emeril when you need him?

I have GOT to learn how to cook! I mean, honestly! I went out for lunch the other day by myself to a little diner. Love the diner (Star Cafe... and no, Rhino, it doesn't smell like "wet"). Fabulous, fabulous breakfast food and scones. But anyway, I go to the diner, order a little meal and I'm thinking I'm doing good. The meal is just $5 (I wanted to keep the cost small) and I figured it would be better than getting my usual number 10 at McDonald's. Well, I didn't really think about the drink and I wanted a little sugar somethin-somethin so I got a small OJ to go with the meal. By the time I got my bill with food, drink, tax and tip it was over $10!!! Ten freakin dollars for me, myself and I to eat some bacon, eggs, hash browns and a couple scones (and don't forget the OJ). I left there thinking to myself, "Deb, you have GOT to learn how to cook!"

So, I need a way to spice up my food life (and the rest of my life for that matter). I have been eating PBJs for lunch for the last 6 weeks and let's just say I am ready for something new. Anyone have some good lunch ideas? You don't even have to be Emeril. Just please keep it simple because, honestly, anyone that knows me knows that if it's not coming out of a can or a box it's probably not getting cooked in my house, lol! There has got to be something (other than PBJs) that I could probably be doing instead of spending $10 at a restaurant for lunch.

2 comments:

Betsy said...

East meal for 2 or you now and later. You get a box of pasta roni. Then you get a bag of frozen chicken (the chicken cutlets.) Take out two and while you are cooking the pasta you put little margarine in a frying pan and heat it to medium or medium high, depends on how hot your oven get I would try medium first. Defrost the cutlets and fry them up. Now you can eat the chicken and put the pasta on the side or you have chop up the cooked chicken and mix it into the pasta. Delicious and easy.

Alina said...

XD

Haha, I can't cook either! But you could go watch those 30 minute meal shows by Rachel Ray. They seemed simple enough. Or browse online.