Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Mama Mia Day 1 (Part 1)


It all started with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I had been up since 6:30 am (like Christmas, remember) in preparation for the arrival of Sarah and Charlie. Sprinklers were fixed, laundry moved, dishes unloaded, and then the PBJ. I thought they might need a snack while we were at the zoo today and I didn't want to go unprepared. I wanted today to be wonderful for them. It was as I was packaging up the little sandwich quarters that I realized how much I have missed... without knowing that I was missing it... making PBJs for my own little ones. Motherhood in a sandwich. Sure the sandwich may vary, but the essence is the same. And this morning I ached for all the mornings and sandwiching making that could have been, but haven't. It was fleeting, but I felt it.


After kids were dressed and lunches packed, I found out they need some breakfast too. Not being Mrs. Cleaver, I decided eggos were in order. I couldn't resist a couple of shots when I saw Sarah's jam smile. She is adorable!


Then it was off to the zoo! I hope you'll indulge all the photos! I don't get to post them very often so I have quite a few. I tried to narrow them down... I really did.. but I loved all of these so much!

Our little three amigos. I went to the zoo with my sister Suzanne and her kids. Sarah, Charlie and Brooklyn got along wonderfully!!!

Charlie was adamant that the first thing we visit be the elephants. I like this shot of him just watching. While there, we even got to touch something that resembled elephant skin. It was a ton rougher than what I had expected! (And judging by the shrieks and squeals, it was different than what the kids expected too!)

I wish I had a clearer picture, but I was moving so this is the best I got. This is Sarah and Brooklyn holding hands. They were so cute walking around the park together! Sarah helped us by keeping our little a.d.d. Brooklyn nearby.

Come on... how could I resist this one! Can you say "couple" in the making! hehe

Charlie was so much fun to watch. He was excited about everything! The oo's and ah's that came from him were the best!




Everyone LOVED the carousel!!! Sarah rode a kangaroo and Charlie snagged an elephant. I have a million more shots of everyone, but these are my favorites. And thanks to Suzanne... my behind the scenes compadre who helped me pull this off!

Just a bear... but he was COOL! Suzanne said she'd never seen one up and moving before, so we snapped this one as proof. The kids loved it!

Bear watching. Isn't he beautiful?

So part way through our zoo excursion, Charlie plops down with his map to find out where we are and where we need to go. With a little help from Sarah, they figured it all out and we were on our way! I just loved this photo opp!

1 comment:

Nic said...

One of the only positive things I can ever think of with having to wait so long to have kids is that we will appreciate it SO MUCH MORE. Yes, even making peanut butter sandwiches in the morning will be special for us! Our kids will be so lucky when they do finally come to us, for we have waited so long for them! Love you and am so grateful that someone else shares my pain with me. Okay, now I am crying. Love you girl!