Monday, June 15, 2009

Job Hunting

Job hunting is so much like dating it makes me a nervous wreck. I never was good at the dating thing. You give your phone number out to very specific persons... ones you think will be as good a match for you as you are for them... and then you wait by the phone for them to call. You might pretend you're not waiting... not checking your voicemail or email every hour or so just in case you missed their call... but waiting you are. And the rejection you feel when the line doesn't ring! What have I done wrong? Why doesn't it ring? Maybe I should have said B instead of A? Maybe I am not meant to find the perfect job/guy? The comparisons could go on forever. As will my job hunt in this economy, lol. But... I did find the right husband... so maybe it's not so hopeless with the job. I guess only time will tell!

2 comments:

Amy said...

job hunting does suck! Poor you!

Erin said...

That is a great analogy! I know your great Deb. If those employers/guys don't get that it is their loss! Love you!