Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Just a Little Annoyed

Okay. Two gripes today. Just two and then I promise I'll utilize my new glad skills...

1-Medicine is CRAZY insane expensive. I laughed at Joe's pharmaceutical conspiracy theory, but after yesterday, I think I'll believe him. I went to the doctor because I felt like I was breathing through water. Normally I try to wait it out, but finding myself the next host for Finding Nemo 2, I thought I better call a professional. It was a quick visit (my doctor is AMAZING) and then a hop, skip and jump to the pharmacy. All was well until register time. Medication Cost: $150+ dollars with insurance. Nervous breakdown at the counter: Priceless.

2- Inconsiderate neighbors. This evening all I heard outside was our neighbor driving around his 4wheeler. Loud and obnoxious. But whatever, I could just turn the TV up louder so no big deal, right? I thought so until I took Josser out for a bio break. The neighbors and their drunk friends were tearing it up in the swamp area next to our lawn. (Technically it's part of our property... we just didn't know it until a bit ago and so the land is still dirt/mud). The guy over there already gives me the creeps. Tonight, as I'm outside watching in horror, he just points at the swamp and laughingly says, "We're just playing in your puddle." I go out later to check the damage. Nothing terribly wrong. But there are huge mud chunks all over my lawn from the ATV spray and I can see where they have been driving over my grass. Times like these make me wish I were a little more confident. But both Joe and I HATE confrontation, so we let it go. Looks like tomorrow I'll be raking dirt clumps from my lawn before I water. I mean, honestly, who throws a shoe? I expect this from pre-pubescent teenagers, but 30-40 year old men? Come on, give me a break!

So now that the ranting is over and my blood pressure has started to descend to normal, I am glad that I have an HSA account to cover the cost of crazy medication. And I am glad my inconsiderate neighbors haven't complained about my Josser (he did try to eat their little girl twice... okay, not eat... just lick A LOT). I should also be glad it's just mud that ended up on my lawn. I think FENCE just shot to the top of my priority list.

4 comments:

Daisy said...

Uh, Deb, that made me mad enough, I'll go confront them for you. Seriously. The nerve.

Betsy said...

I would definitely put up a fence if you aren't going to confront them. I would wake up there @!#$%&* and make them come over and look at what they did too your lawn. I do understand the don't piss off your neighbor thing though cause you don't want a war but I would put up a fence. I have also been there for the pharmacy thing, I 100 dollars for 6 pills that never got used!!!

Erin said...

Man If I weren't supposed to stay in bed/couch I would walk on over and have a little chat. I hate mean people who mess with my loved ones!! I love you Deb. Its time to teach Josser to "sick em":)

Darcysmad said...

I know. I wish that somewhere I lived I didn't have horrible neighbors. But that's not the case. There always seems to be one I don't really care for. That's really creepy though. I'm glad you've got Josser.