Friday, November 20, 2009

Grandma Belle


Posted by Picasa

This is my father's mother, Grandma Belle Smith. (I think her name very much suits her.) My Aunt Susan sent it to me to hang on my wall. I am SO happy she was thinking of me. I LOVE this photo!!! I am so grateful for family and for the way we are connected through out time and space. No matter how far away you are, I love you and know that you still love me. I can even feel my Grandpa Travers (Bell's husband) who died before I was born. I don't think I ever recognized him until I was married (he was with us in the temple), but I know he's been looking out for me ever since. I love you, Grandpa. I love you, Grandma. And I love you, Susan. Thanks for sharing the family photos with me. I'll treasure them always!

4 comments:

KatieLarson said...

Call me strange but I love the personality that comes through with old family pictures. So much class and natural beauty. Love this picture too!

Naomi said...

I love this picture of Grandma! I think she totally looks like Aunt Marcheta in it. I looovvveeee old photos!

Daisy said...

Absolutely stunning. I LOVE it!

Debbie Burns said...

I thought the same thing, Naomi! It would have been fun to see this years ago... I used to think Marcheta was adopted!