Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Unspectacular Quirks

I was tagged by Erin.

Rules:
1. List the person who tagged you
2. Mention the rules on your blog
3. Tell 6 unspectacular quirks of yours
4. Tag 6 fellow bloggers

Unspectacular Quirk #1. I clean when I am upset (or at someone else's house). Joe always knows when he has made me REALLY mad when I start cleaning the house. I think it is something to keep my hands occupied (rather than popping him upside the head). If I'm at your house and helping you clean, no worries. I like to do that! If you're at my house and I go into crazy cleaning frenzy, it is time to duck and cover.

Unspectacular Quirk #2. I hate doing my hair. Absolutely HATE it! That is why you always see me in pig tails (when short), a pony tail (mid-length) or braids (when long). I love it flat ironed and looking all pretty, but I just can't bring myself to spend the time when I could be sleeping!

Unspectacular Quirk #3. I like falling asleep to Fantasia or Fantasia 2000. I have a little portable DVD player sitting on my nightstand. Every night, after Joe tucks me in, he turns on my movie so I can fall asleep. I don't usually make it past the first number (unless I jump ahead before putting my head on my pillow), but I know when he turns it off!

Unspectacular Quirk #4. My brain never shuts off (which is probably why I developed Quirk #3). I can't not think about stuff. At night, in the morning, while I'm driving. My brain is constantly going 1 million miles per hour. This morning at 5am I was thinking about my sprinklers and the most efficient way I could install the remaining systems, which led me to thinking about installing a fence in the next few years, which led me to mentally move some of my sprinkler heads to accommodate for the future fence and perhaps a flower bed on the north side of the lawn. I almost had myself dressed and out the door to start digging when Joe told me to get back in bed. I couldn't fall back asleep because of my energizer-brain so instead I spent the next 2 hours contemplating sprinklers, work, life, kids, puppies, and more.

Unspectacular Quirk #5. I LOVE making charts & lists. Anything that I can make "pretty" in Word or Excel. Chore charts, gift charts, shopping lists, to-dos, birthday lists, "ways to improve myself," etc. Anything that can be stuffed into a chart or a list, I am there. Need a list or a chart or a spreadsheet? Call me! I would LOVE to help!

Unspectacular Quirk #6. I like to move. I would almost say I need to move. It used to be every year I'd get the itch, but since I married Joe he has stretched me to two. He's working at making it longer. But seriously, every few years I have this burning need to pack everything up and go somewhere new. So far it's just been different homes in Davis County. But I would seriously love to move outta state and even out of the country! I think I was a gypsy in a previous life!

I tag Marla Burns, Amy Lund, Daisy Reyes, Naomi Wolf, Brenda Smith, and Suzanne Smith. Maybe this will help Suzanne actually blog! hehe

3 comments:

Erin said...

That was great Deb! I didn't know about Fantasia or the cleaning when your mad:) Know I have been warned!lol

Anonymous said...

You are so interesting, I need to get to know you more!

Amy said...

Love it, You and Marla tagged me with the same thing. It is fun to find out stuff about people, stuff that would never come up in normal conversation.