Monday, October 6, 2008

Never Ending Yard

As I caught up on every one's blogs today I realized I am SUPER horrible at maintaining my own. Mostly I blame it on the lack of adorable kids. But it is probably more due to the fact that I live an entirely boring life. So I am SO glad I can live vicariously through your blogs! hehe. Besides being boring I have spent a lot of time planning and stressing over getting our yard ready for sod. The summer wasn't the friend I had hoped for with its too-hot-days and fun-filled nights. And early fall has zoomed past me. Now I'm into the second week of October and still trying to figure out how to install a sprinkling system. New things always stress me out because I feel like I should be able to get it right (which in my mind means perfect) the first time around. I had planned to get everything in the ground on Saturday so I could have a week of testing lines and raking dirt so all would be ready for sod next week. But no such luck. I swear someone hates me. I was up at 730 am prepping for every one's arrival when the drizzle started. It wasn't too long before my sweater was drenched and I had more mud on my shoes than in my shovel. Needless to say I am still waiting for my swamp to drain so I can install. My hope is for sun enough tomorrow that I can get things in and the ground closed up.

Even though my tears of frustration could equal our last storm, the whole process has been an interesting experience and I actually feel like I could do it again. Next time at least I'll have an inkling of what I should be doing and when. Anyway. Pictures will follow. I wish I would have snapped some when the weeds were waist high! Oh well : ) I'll grab some of the open ground and then next week after the sod is in. All in all, the never ending yard project (though a subject of much stress in our home) has been a fun and interesting learning experience.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Ya your amazing cause I couldn't do it. If and when we get into another home I hope the yard is already done! What a lot of work! Not to mention I didn't know one had to do half that stuff! At least it will look great after all the blood, sweat and tears:)