Sunday, October 18, 2009

Yay for Sunday!

Joe and I attended our new ward today. I can't believe how excited I was to go! Not even a night of "upset tummy" could keep me away. I just HAD to go. And I am so glad I did! Everyone was SO nice and welcoming (at least all the people who introduced themselves and made us feel at home... I didn't get a chance to meet anyone mean today, hehe). It started just after Sacrament and continued through Sunday School and Relief Society. By the end of church I had so many names swimming in my head I couldn't keep them straight, I was excitedly invited to choir, and the sweetest sister in RS invited us over for dinner with her family. We said yes to everything. Normally (content with my situation and proximity to my family) I would (maybe) have declined (thought maybe not because this gal is totally ADORABLE!), but desiring interaction with others (beside Joe, whom I love... but really, it is nice to talk to other girls) accepted all of the above.

Choir was fantastic. A cute little assembly gathered at a new friend's home. Relearned some names and gathered more new ones. Found out we're singing next week in Sacrament but I'm not worried. I just loved being with people who are so fun and welcoming. Dinner was a blast! Eve and Jeff are a great couple (with SIX fun boys). They also invited Ryan and Emily, who are also freakin' hilarious. I laughed the whole night! And the Lawson boys will be happy to know they also make fun of Canadians. I couldn't believe it! I travel across the country only to wind up at a dinner table with more guys poking fun at the maple leaf. I told them I'll give them a few weeks until I open a can on their butts (need time to make them friends before they get to know the feisty side... that way they can't return me).

I'm so grateful for all the wonderful people I've met today! Especially for the dinner invite. It made us feel so special. I just hope they want to stay friends!!! LOL. Missing my peeps in Utah. Lots of love (and more to come... I need to find my camera cord so I can upload pics of our place and our road trip).

7 comments:

KatieLarson said...

I am so happy for you both. I am glad that you are enjoying your new area and your new ward.

Nic said...

So exciting! It is so great to hear about your adventures!

Amy said...

I'm so glad that you've found some new friends already.... Iknew you would! Who could love you and Joe from the start?? Love and miss you!

Daisy said...

Yeah Deb! I am so glad you are enjoying your new life. Change is soooo good. Enjoy it! AND KEEP US UPDATED. Besos y abrazos, Daisy

Dustin and Kellie said...

YAY! I'm so happy they're nice and you guys are enjoying that! I really dread being new somewhere and having that awkward time when you don't know anyone. That is super nice of them to welcoming!

Renee Hill said...

Deb!!! I have been watching almost daily for you to post and can I say I am REALLY excited to hear the happiness in your voice (or blog!?!)!!! How could they not continue to be your friends!! You are the sweetest thing since chocolate!!

Love to you both,
Renee

Erin said...

I love you Deb! I knew you would make friends quickly! You just have that kind of personality (believe it or not). Can't wait to hear more!