Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Swing and a miss!

So Joe and I have found ourselves WAY more involved in church activities now that they are pretty much our main source for adult interaction and friends. Crazy part is that I'm loving it! (I know, shock... gasp.) But it's true nonetheless (I think that's all one word). So last night was the ward Trunk o' Treat. I previously signed up to bring cupcakes and even had Joe on board for the idea. I was totally prepared (I thought) and tried to give myself enough time to bake, cook dinner, get ready and make it to the church by 6pm. I think I might even had made it except I received an unexpected call from a family member that last 45 minutes. Needless to say I was soon rushed to finish all the aforementioned activities in less than 90 minutes. Cupcakes were flying, potatoes frying, and dishes were piling. By the time I finished eating, icing cupcakes and individually packaging them (as requested) it was 6:40p. We arrived at the church at 7p only to find everyone cleaning up. I couldn't believe it! People are actually on time out here! They started right on the dot at 6p and were done before we even arrived. I had to laugh. If I had skipped the cupcakes we could have been on time sans cupcakes. But in completing my assignment we arrived too late and they didn't even use them. However, I did slip them quickly onto the table were the carcasses of previous cupcakes remained and, to my delight and pleasure, they all got eaten! And we were back home before 8p. It was crazy! And I definitely felt like I struck out in my endeavors to be a full activity participant. But, as Joe said, at least we're trying... and honestly, I don't think anyone even noticed. Maybe next time I'll start around noon so I can actually finish on time!

1 comment:

KatieLarson said...

No more Utah standard time...LOL. Now ya know. That's so funny.