Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Road Trip Day 4: On the Road Again (to Maryland)



I think day 4 was the roughest. We'd been driving for so long and we just wanted to be there already. I took some shots of the road. It's amazing to drive for hours in down tree-lined highways. Joe's phrase of the trip was, "It's so green!" He couldn't believe the color. It was fun sharing these moments with him. The journey was pretty uneventful (except we were run off the road by a sleeping semi... but that was day 1). The worst of it was driving the Pennsylvania Pike. NIGHTMARE!!! It was ugly, under construction, and crowded. We drove 45mph through most of the state. Happy does not even begin to describe my emotion when we entered Maryland and left Pennsylvania behind! And imagine my delight when I finally saw the hotel! (This was a wonderful gift from my sweet step-sis, Sandy. She was able to swing an extraordinary rate for us... Thanks, Sandy!)

The next couple of days were filled with frustration and rejection. I really thought finding a place to live would be a breeze, but I was wrong. Lots of places accept dogs, even large ones, but no one wanted to rent to a Pit Bull (big surprise). It wasn't until Monday afternoon that we finally received approval from a private landlady to rent her town home. Until then, I wasn't a very nice person to be around. But I'm jumping ahead...

1 comment:

KatieLarson said...

I hate construction and know the feeling of just get me there already. I already miss the East. We are totally going to come and hang out with you guys. We are already talking about an Upstate New York vacation. Wanna come...summer 2011. Nothing like planning ahead right... LOL