Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Road Trip Day 2 & 3: Chicago



One would assume the bulk of my pics would be here, spending time with my dad. This was Joe's first trip to Chicago and we could have done a million things. His words as we drove into Illinois were, "This is my first time here so I want to do something really cool and memorable, like seeing all the places where you grew up." Isn't he the best!!! Anyway, pictures. I'll admit that I was so busy enjoying time with my dad and Joe tripping down memory lane that I didn't get very many pictures. My dad has more, but I haven't gotten them from him yet. But even though we don't have pics to mark the occasion, it was still so much fun to take Joe to all the places where I lived. He now can relate each house to a different family story... like where Jon pushed Jason down the stairs in handcuffs... where I had my finger cut off in a door... where I had my hand smashed in the garage door... where I had my hand smashed in a car door by the babysitter... and where I ran away from home. Many, many good memories, lol. My step-mom, Debbie, was a sweetheart and we had a wonderful time hanging with her and my step-brother Jason and his girlfriend. It was a great way to spend a couple of days.

2 comments:

KatieLarson said...

I really want to see these pictures too. They will help make some of your stories come to life.

Erin said...

Wow those power lines explain a lot!!!! he he Just kiddin! I grew up under power lines!