Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Raven's Game!!!



Joe's boss gave us tickets to the upcoming Raven's game. Our first NFL experience! It was a great break from the stress of trying to find a place to live. And boy did he spoil us! We were so close to the field I could see the players faces! I don't think the pictures do our seats justice, but hopefully they'll give you a good idea. The energy of the crowd was overwhelming, to say the least. I couldn't believe the crush of people the closer we got to the stadium. I wore something "sporty" but figured out too late that I should have just worn something black or purple. There was NO other color in the stands (unless you were the crazy Browns fan that wore brown or orange). I wouldn't risk upsetting a stadium full of crazy (yet delightful) fans. On our way in I took some pics of they "boy/girl" signs. I thought it a little weird at first but soon discovered that the reason for the split is because you get frisked before entering the stadium! But once inside it's a great atmosphere. I loved slapping hi-fives with perfect strangers after every touchdown or amazing play. The air was electric! I hope we can experience more things like that while we're out here. But, as Joe put it, we've been ruined. How can we go to a game like that again and sit in the nose bleeds when we know what it's like to sit almost on the field? Guess we'll just have to suck it up, lol.

We are actually hoping to make it to a Washington Caps game (hockey) in December so Joe can see the NJ Devils play. We'll see.

1 comment:

KatieLarson said...

That's awesome! One of the things I do before I die is go to a NFL game...and I hate football. LOL. Ridiculous I know. Thanks so much for all the posts. I have enjoyed reading your accounts of your travels. Keep them coming. No matter how small...share with your Utah blog fans. Love ya.