Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sisters are the best!

I love my sister. We didn't always get along, but the older I get the more I value her (and the more I wish I wasn't so mean growing up). I am SO glad we are friends now!!! Yesterday I was super sick. I started throwing up around 2am and kept throwing up every couple of hours until about 11am or noon. Needless to say I didn't each much the whole day. I just couldn't bring myself to put anything in my stomach. Around dinner time I could tell I needed to eat but the only thing that sounded good was Grandma's Potato Soup. I never mastered this one (because we all know I'm not a cook) and I wasn't about to ask Joe (because his idea of cooking is pouring a bowl of cereal), so I called Suzanne. Not only was she totally cool with cooking dinner for me, but she went out of her way to bring other things she knows I can eat when I get sick like this. She also called on her way over to see if I needed anything from the Pharmacy. Can I just say, I LOVE this girl!!! The soup was wonderful... like love in a bowl. And it was very easy on my tummy. While I was slowly eating it last night, I just kept thinking about how grateful I am for my sister. Grateful for her willingness to help me out, for her love and friendship, and for the fact that we live so close right now. Anyway... thanks Suzanne! (And thanks for making enough that I can have leftovers today!!) You are the best!

2 comments:

Daisy said...

I don't know what I would do without my sisters. Each of them has rescued me several times when I have needed them for several reasons. I am SO THANKFUL for sisters as well!

Hope you're feeling better and glad you have a sister to take care of you!

Anonymous said...

Their Dad - Loves both his Daughters - They are Great & He is Very Proud of Them