Thursday, January 13, 2011

He Needs a Haircut... He REALLY Needs a Haircut

So Joe had a little cancer spot on his head that had to be removed a couple months ago. Because it was on his scalp we couldn't bandage it and we had to be SUPER careful with washing, brushing, CLIPPING, or touching his hair/head. So he went FOREVER without a haircut. And it shows. Finally, right before New Years, he gave me an AWESOME gift by letting me cut his hair (back on 12/29/10). This may not seem like a big deal, but he let me trim it about 3 months into our marriage, I messed up, and he hasn't let me touch his hair since. Almost TEN years! I was nervous, excited, scared, excited and nervous. I finally understood how my sister felt when she cut my hair. I was so worried about whether or not he would like the final product! It took me about an hour (ya, I'm slow), but I think the final result was worth it. There is definitely room for improvement, but I was happy with the result. Best part... he agreed to let me cut it again!!!

I have to thank my sister, Suzanne, for teaching me how to cut guys hair. She is AMAZING in her trade and I feel so grateful for the time she took teaching me. Thank you, Suz-Q! You are so incredibly talented and I appreciate that you would share your gift with me! I still miss having you to cut my hair. I haven't found anyone as good as you! (And thank you to Jon for being my Guinea pig when Joe refused, hehe).

Some pics of the before and after... notice the small animal I was able to sweep up after the hair cut.





2 comments:

Brenda Smith said...

Awesome! Mike "trimmed" my hair a couple of months after we were married. He told me he cut hair all the time while on his mission. All I wanted was straight across. Well, he kept trying to "even it out" and I ended up telling him to stopped in the middle of tears and had my mom finish chopping the rest off to fix what he'd done. Let's just say he's NEVER touching my hair with scissors again. On the other hand I've cut Mike's in the back and made it a little too short and he still lets me cut his but reminds me to keep it longer.

Debbie Burns said...

Ya, I don't think I'd ever let Joe near my hair with scissors! In my defense, his hair grows back MUCH faster than mine does! Hehe