Saturday, December 19, 2009

Welcome to my very messy house

But I knew if I waited to get it clean, I would never take the pictures. I DO clean the house, by the way. It's just I always forget to take pics after such events. Today I had the camera going so I snapped a few of the house while it was on. So... ignore the mess if you can. If you can't, I really don't care! hehe

So, from the front door you can either go up the stairs, straight into the living space, or take a quick right into the master bedroom area. We're gonna head upstairs first.



At the top of the stairs are three doors. Don't you love options?! Door number 1 (straight ahead and dark) will take you to the second bath and the one we utilize most (no pics included due to privacy issues). Door number 2 (on the right with the light on) takes you to my craft room, which is very messy despite its lack of use. And door number 3 (not featured in this photo but directly to your right) is the office, a.k.a. the Man Cave. Maybe I should change that name considering I spend most of my time in there. Hmmm. I'll have to think about that one. Though I suppose I should let Joe have at least one room that can be his, even if it is in name only.






My work place. I spend HOURS here everyday blogging, writing, tweeting, emailing, IMing, facebooking and more. Want to chat? LOL



Joe's little slice of heaven. Someday he really will get his own place and he won't have to share with me. Then again, I kinda like being close to him so maybe that won't happen after all. Sorry Joe.



Back down stairs (at the front door) we're gonna glance to the right. Yep, that's the door to the master. Again, due to privacy issues we won't be going inside. And don't get too excited, we aren't so crazy in the bedroom as to flip our mattress against the wall. A friend in the ward bought a new mattress and gave us theirs. We're finally upgrading back to a king! And it's only 2 years old! It's just not soft enough for her hubby. Thank you friend's hubby!



This is a glimpse of our masterbath. We don't use it for showering (weird, I know). But it's all tile and so stinkin cold! So we shower upstairs and I get ready down in the masterbath, which ends up working out really well. No steam making the doing of hair a workout routine.



Okay, back to the front door. Going kinda straight (and avoiding the stairs on the left) will lead you into our main living space with is a big and slightly awkward room for the dining and living areas. You can see the dining spot from here. And the floating picture will someday look okay when I get a shelf to float beneath it. At least, that was my thought when I hung this tiny pic next to a huge clock on an even bigger wall.



The living room is to the left. Just enough space for one couch and the tv. It works for the two of us and we adjust for the few friends that aren't too scared to hang out with Josser.



We have a sliding door to the back porch area that comes in handy. It's nice having a gated area where I can send Josser to play when he's getting on my nerves. I can't leave him unattended, but at least he can get a breath of fresh air while I sweep or do the dishes.



Past the dining room resides the kitchen. It's not even close to my old one and I miss my gas stove, but it's cozy and forces me to do the dishes more often (although it may not seem like it from the pics). It was the first place I had decorated when I unpacked. You'll also note a second door to the back porch. I thought it was weird too, but it seems to work out well. We come and go through this door as the parking lot is just past our gate. And I love being able to open it when the kitchen gets too hot. (Yes, I actually cook and I've picked up baking bread.)









So that's our little place. It's just the right size. Clean up is fast and easy when we get around to it. We've just found more joy in being with friends and exploring the area. Okay... and I don't jump for joy at the prospect of pulling out the duster, so sue me! I'd rather find any other excuse (see "my desk" section of this post) than load a dishwasher. Oh well. We can't all be Suzy Homemaker! hehe

2 comments:

KatieLarson said...

House not messy, its lived in. Your house looks nice. But I do have a rather odd question. Do you really need to have the fire extinguisher so prominently displayed in the kitchen? LOL Did you recently have to use it?

Nic said...

Oh yeah! You finally posted pics of your cute house and I love it! It looks so cozy and you seem so happy. I think it is perfect! Can't wait to come visit you!!!! Looks like you will have plenty of room for all us girls!