Monday, December 7, 2009

I can't keep it all straight...

Too much is happening inside my head right now. So many projects to begin and complete, so many service opportunities to follow through on and way too much writing to do than is good for me. (Okay, well maybe not too much than is good for me, but some days it feels that way).

So here are a few updates...

Cheer & Bless
This is my new blog for gals around the world who at one time or another have felt like they don't belong in Relief Society. I decided to move forward with this project (despite my 1 million other blogs) because I feel that some of our pain and awkwardness would be dispelled if we knew other women out there were experiencing the same exact thing. I'm talking infertility, emotional/mental health issues, abuse, and even the dreaded S-E-X! (Really, why can't Mormon women discuss the big "O" w/out feeling guilty?)

The site is in its infancy, but I'd love for you to check it out and let me know what you think so far.

Ellie
I promise she is still coming along! It's been hard with the job search, resume building, networking and interviewing. So, for the sake of you readers, I'm just gonna publish the ROUGH draft as I go. And I mean rough. I'll be asking you which ending I should use for chapters or which direction I should go next instead of taking time to mull it over on my own. This means for my few devoted fans, COMMENTS ARE KING! So pretty, pretty please give me your feedback and (if you like what you are reading) share it with your friends.

Finding Faith
Has become a scripture journal for me. Bounce over there if you'd like to help me with my studies. I could always use a fresh perspective!

Brain Vomit
And of course, Brain Vomit... my brain child. I am still posting random poetry, short stories and personal essays. You'll also notice a tad bit-o advertising. I'm keeping it minimal, but every cent helps at this time of year. (Can I hear an Amen?!) I hope you'll feel comfortable commenting over there. You have the power to take the discussion in directions I'd never imagined! (And yes, poems and my other writings are all discussions. I intend for them to evoke emotion... even if that is anger. So, jump in and tell me what you think!) I'd love to learn from you!

Life
The big news is that I quit my job before I even started it. I know my decision will not make sense to many of you (especially when the economy is so down right now). But in the end, it was my decision and, with the Lord's help, I feel I made the right one for me. We've decided (the Lord, Joe and I) that I need a different focus in my life right now. One that will provide me safety and fulfillment. And so far, I am happier than I have been in almost a decade. I am so grateful for Joe's support and understanding.

Joe is currently serving in the Elder's Quorum and is blessed to have such a wonderful president. The two get along famously, for which I am eternally grateful. I haven't EVER seen Joe this involved in church before and it is exciting to watch. He is even attending ward choir with me! I've just been called to serve at the Mia Maid advisor. I am EXTATIC!!! I've missed the young women and look forward to loving so many new girls. I am also super happy that I'll have the time to devote to YW activities and girls camp this summer (woot!).

On the work front, Joe is HAPPY! He comes home full of energy and smiling. His work is only 20 minutes away so it feels like no sooner has he called me than he is walking in the door. We love our neighborhood and our little townhome. Our ward is FABULOUS!!! and is making us feel right at home. Josser is adjusting and settling in. Though it's harder to walk him due to all the squirrels! He is constantly getting distracted by their jumping, running and playing, lol.

I'll try to get some pictures posted soon. I tend to forget that a good visual is nice to have. (I write like I talk... way TOO MUCH!)

So that's us in a nutshell. I am so grateful for all the friends who've been keeping tabs on us and sending us a note every now and then. We miss you like crazy!

5 comments:

KatieLarson said...

I am excited for "Cheers and Bless." I have no problem discussing the big "O" so bring it on. I am so happy that you are happy. Whatever decisions you and Joe decide on is good with me. Not that you worried about that so much. :) Let the spirit continue to be your guide and work it! Love ya.

Betsy said...

As Rhino would say in the Movie "BOLT", "YOU ARE AWESOME!"

Amy said...

I am too very excited about Cheer and Bless! Girl, I'm at work and I almost lost it!! Miss you so much.. love ya!

Erin said...

Sorry Deb but I think I talk way way more then you he he:) Ilove your new Layout it looks great!!! I too will head over to Cheer and Bless! I love you!

Josh and Bethany said...

The new blog is great! I was hoping you could email me your new address at stimpyandb@msn.com.