Wednesday, May 27, 2009

"As Is" Warranty

I realized tonight that I never provided to any of my dear friends and family the “AS IS” disclosure of knowing me and utilizing my friendship. I discovered this as I was chatting with Katie tonight. Some have assumed that I come with a warranty, able to change out defective parts for shiny new ones. However, my warranty has long since expired and I am more or less take-me-as-I-am. I apologize for any confusion that may have resulted in the lack of full disclosure and I am sorry, but refunds are not available at this time. However, you may terminate service at anytime and for any reason. You don’t even have to put it in writing! (In fact, I would prefer that you didn’t… it would make things quite awkward for me). If you are thinking about continuing with my Free Friendship, please read the following “As Is” warranty statement.

Free Friendship "AS IS" Warranty Statement

ATTENTION: USE OF FREE FRIENDSHIP IS SUBJECT TO THE DEBBIE BURNS FREE FRIENDSHIP PRODUCT "AS IS" WARRANTY STATEMENT BELOW AND THE DEBBIE BURNS FRIENDSHIP LICENSE TERMS. BY ACCESSING AND USING THE FRIENDSHIP, YOU ARE AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THESE TERMS, DO NOT ACCESS OR USE THE FRIENDSHIP.


DEBBIE BURNS FREE FRIENDSHIP
"AS IS" WARRANTY STATEMENT


DISCLAIMER
TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LOCAL LAW, THIS DEBBIE BURNS FREE FRIENDSHIP ("FRIENDSHIP") IS PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. DEBBIE BURNS SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF USABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, AND/OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. (I am definitely NOT fit.)

Some countries, states and provinces do not allow exclusions of implied warranties or conditions, so the above exclusion may not apply to you. You may have other rights that vary from country to country, state to state, or province to province. (Any international or out-of-state friends, please contact me for details).


LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY LOCAL LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL DEBBIE BURNS OR HER SUBSIDIARIES (Josser), AFFILIATES (family & friends) OR SUPPLIER (Joe) BE LIABLE FOR DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHER DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOST FUNDS, LOST SANITY, OR DOWNTIME COSTS), ARISING OUT OF THE USE, INABILITY TO USE, OR THE RESULTS OF USE OF THE FRIENDSHIP, WHETHER BASED IN WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.

Your use of the Friendship is entirely at your own risk. Some countries, states and provinces do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for incidental or consequential damages, however, in Debbie World, the above limitation still applies to you.

5 comments:

Brenda Smith said...

You are great Deb! I love you and am honored to be your friend in good times and bad. Isn't that what friends are for? I'm also glad to see your other blogs are back. I love reading what you write even though I don't always comment. You are very talented.

KatieLarson said...

Will do Deb....will do so willingly and without fear...

Dustin and Kellie said...

I'm with Brenda. I thought that was friendship. And I thought that was one of the best things about friendship. The two fold, take it or leave it, this is me relationship.. And even though I hardly ever see you.. I'm taking it!

Darcysmad said...

LOL. I love you Debs! You're such a goof. I can't help but laugh.

Erin said...

I accept the terms fully and competently. Ok I am not good at all the lingo but my warrenty was up along time ago too:) Take me "AS IS".