Monday, April 6, 2009

Spin, Baby, Spin

So last Friday I talked a few of my more daring gal pals into going Pole Dancing with me! Can you believe it? Yeppers, POLE DANCING! And let me tell you we had a total blast! It was freaking awesome! We actually went up to Adult Dance & Fitness in Ogden where they teach fitness pole dancing. And if you don't believe that pole dancing can be done for fitness, you need to see our instructors biceps (I'll try to get pictures). It was a private party just for our group so we were able to kick back, relax, and have a really fun girly-girl time. We learned three different spins (you should have seen how uncoordinated I was!) and then a mini-routine. I was surprised by the unexpected pole talents of Brenda (I think you have been holding out on us, girl!). She took to the pole like a fish to water with her martini spins. But we all soon caught up and were spinning like pros (okay, maybe not pros, but we were rocking the room). A thanks goes to our adorable instructor, Becca. She is AMAZING! Seriously, crazy pole skills. I just can't believe you can DO that on a pole... and I saw her with my own eyes! And she is SO SWEET! I loved her. (And her adorable daughter made me card for my birthday. Love it! It's still on my fridge.)

I can't wait to go again and am hoping to sign up for weekly lessons soon. I love that Adult Dance & Fitness gives women the opportunity to feel beautiful and sexy in the comfort of a very secure and safe environment. I didn't have to feel like others were watching or judging, I could just relax and enjoy the moment.

And I am SO glad I got to share that moment with my "sistas." Thanks for helping me celebrate turning 29 in such an unorthodox way. I guess I should be thinking about how to top that at 30. LOL! If anyone is interested, I'd love to host another private party. Just let me know and we'll spin, baby, spin.

6 comments:

KatieLarson said...

Nice...sounds like you had a blast for your birthday. Oh and by the way...Happy Birthday today!

Naomi said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Sounds like so much fun. I would love to try doing that except I'm pretty sure I'd make a complete embarrassment of myself. I'm not exactly the most coordinated so the private group sounds more my style. Glad you had a great time.

darl_jo said...

i wish i lived closer. I need some gal-pals to hang out with. Sounds like you had a ablsoute BLAST!

Dustin and Kellie said...

Happy Birthday! That sounds amazing. What a great setting! How much was it?I'd love to do that. I got the Carmen Electra striptease workout a few years ago and loved it! (Not that it is the same thing, but still unorthodox!) Go Brenda!

Amy said...

yay!!! i'm glad you posted without pics... nobody wants to see my flabby butt on that pole! It was so fun, thanks for a great night!

Erin said...

Oh Amy you looked great! I felt dumb ramming my huge belly into the pole every time I tried to spin. I can't wait to do it again when I am not so prego:)