Saturday, April 25, 2009

Confessions of a Spa-Aholic

My name is Debbie and I am an aspiring Spa-Aholic. Only aspiring, you ask? Alas, yes. To reach true Spa-Aholicness I would need to be attending a real spa at least once a month for body butter drench massages, harvest facials, and oh-so-essential pedicures. Instead, I visit the spa only on special occasions... like every birthday, anniversary, holiday or other major event in my life (including my husband's birthday. Now that is a win-win present!). My attachment to being pampered has made life easier on my husband who never has to wonder what to get me for that oh-so-special occasion. But sadly, like any addiction, feeding the need for ultimate rest and relaxation has only left me wanting more.

Some in my family think I'm just a little crazy (okay, so a lot crazy). I mean, really, a massage for every birthday? Every anniversary? Every holiday (that comes with a gift.. and maybe even some that don't)? And to you who are thinking the same thing right at this very moment, I say YES! And I am surprised that you wouldn't want the same.

You see, I know you. Whether a CEO of some fancy corporation or an overworked, never-paid, stay-at-home-parent, you are running in the hamster wheel we call life. You are pushing and learning and growing. You are facing new challenges each day in your own particular environment. Some days you feel like you are on top of the world and other days you feel like you can't take one more step. We have all been there. We have all felt the joy of success and the pain of failure. You, me, the cleaning lady, that Microsoft guy (my husband's gonna kill me that I don't remember his name!). We have all felt the challenges of living and we have endured. But why just endure? Why not live!

I am extending to you an invitation to leave your hamster wheel for a moment (maybe, heaven forbid, even an hour!). Take time for yourself. Treat yourself to a few guilty pleasures. Give your body and your mind the opportunity to be revitalized! To be renewed! Aren't you worth it? Let me answer that for you... you are worth it!

Not sure where to start? Allow me to be your guide. You see, Sego Lily Day Spa is running a little competition for a Sego Lily Blogger. I would love to be that person for you. And not just because I'm an addict (even though that is what an addict would say), but because I can share with you my experience in such a way that you won't be left wondering where to go or what treatments to receive. I want to take this journey with you. I want to empower you to help yourself. To take that step. To go to the spa. It isn't just for pretty prairie princesses or 5th Ave goddesses anymore. In fact, it isn't just for women. The spa is for everyone. The spa is for you. Help me, help you. Allow me to be your Sego Lily Blogger.

P.S. Check out the contest details at http://segolilyspa.com/blog/contest-entry/. Leave a comment there if you think I can benefit Sego Lily Day Spa as their blogger.

P.P.S. (Or is it P.S.S.) Bill Gates. My husband just informed me of the computer guy's name. :)

1 comment:

Dustin and Kellie said...

Go Deb! I am with you. I have only been to the spa three times. Once was just for an eye brow wax (but a million times better than the salon, because you still sit and relax before!!) once when I was pregnant with Ethan (so nice and gentle on my huge tummy!) and once to help out a friend who didn't want to go with his wife to the spa for THEIR anniversary (Let me tell you, that is more than win-win.. He hung out with Dustin and the kids at nickle cade.. Me and his wife were living the great life!) Oh.. wait four times.. My first ever pedicure was in August! I am not by any means a regular.. But someday when I stirke oil and am TOTALLY RICH I plan to be! My husband is great like yours. He will either insist I have a Spa day, or force me by getting me a gift card to enjoy!

Good luck with you Sego Lily Blogger quest!