Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Stupid Tax

Oh my goodness! I was up late one night, feeling very fat, and stumbled across some "true story" of a girl who took 2 sets of pills and lost 45lbs. Those new Acai Berries and the Total Cleanse. So, being the sucker that I am (especially when I'm feeling the flub) I bought into the gimmick and ordered my two "free" trials. Let me just say, READ THE FINE PRINT! Turns out my "free" trials are in fact delayed billing. And while the site talks about 30-days or 21-days, really you have 15-days from the day you order the product to test it out and cancel. AND, not only do you have to cancel within the time frame, but to keep from getting charged you actually have to MAIL the unused product back to the company! So now I paid $10 to get the stuff shipped to me, 15-days later I get billed $150 ($70 for the one trial and $80 for the other) and I'm gonna have to pay another $10 to ship the crap back to them. The best part is I never even had a chance to crack the bottles! The $70 charge will be refunded as soon as they get the unused product back and I am fighting with the other company because I cancelled in time but they still decided to charge me. Moral of the story? Stay away from ANY sales pitch when you are feeling fat! I have palates, P90X, turbo Jam, slim in 6, some rolley ball, and now some crap pills all because I watch infomercials when I'm feeling down. I guess I better just laugh about it... that... or maybe I'll grab some ice cream and surf late night TV! lol

9 comments:

Alina said...

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha *breathes*

Always read the fine print. I learned that a long time ago =D

I must say, [some] of your blog posts are highly amusing...the others I don't know how to respond/comment XD

Michael and Brenda Smith said...

That is good to know...a thing popped up on Mike's computer for the same thing and I read a little...but didn't do anything. I must admit it was still on my mind here and there. Sorry that you are going through it...but it is a great learning incident for me, so thanks for sharing.

Amy said...

That is so funny Debbs... but only because I have done this numberouse times!!! I too have Power 90, Slim in 6, turbo jam, core secrets... the list goes on and I'm too embarassed to name them all. However I do get a good variety in my workout!!! He he

Life is a Blessing said...

okay i did the same thing, but when i went to cancell the phone kept ringing, it was a fraud.... i still have the pills we had to cancell our CC number and get a new one!!!! scarry, i was so mad.... good luck with getting your money back!!!!
Brandy (McDonald Cousin :)

Darcysmad said...

Don't you just LOVE how companies like to kick us when we're down? And then people wonder why we don't trust anyone these days. Yeah, I would like to say that I NEVER order from infommercials for that reason, but I always get talked into it eventually...why do they have to be so convincing?

Naomi said...

So sorry you had to go thru all that. Chad fell for this scam as well and he was on the phone forever and had gone through about 6 different parties to find out how to cancel and return the darn thing. He kept getting mad at them because they obviously didn't realize what a free trial was! How can they feel good about themselves?! Oh, and me . . . . well, I'm still wondering why Chad even fell for the crap in the first place. I can see how I would but Chad?! LOL.

Debbie Burns said...

Thanks for all the comments! I feel a little better knowing I'm not the only one. Right now I've turned it over to Zions for fraud so we shall see. Love you gals!

Dustin and Kellie said...

Oh my Heck.. You are funny. The situation sucks. But I love reading what you write. You are so cute. I am sorry that it happened. We've all been there. In the companies defense Tennille (Tims wife) lost a BUNCH of weight on Turbo Jam. I am sorry. I hate my fat days. I hate that feeling but what can you do to change it. Your right.. Ice Cream.. :)

Erin said...

Yep it is only funny cause I don't know anyone who hasn't done it:) Ask Jason, He has and I have multiple times:)