Saturday, February 14, 2009

Ellie

Wahoo. I have officially started something... I hesitate to call it a book. So let's just call it a story. This one has been kicking around in my head since high school so I thought I would slap it down on paper (and on a blog). So, just under my BRAIN VOMIT link you will see ELLIE. I don't have a proper title yet so it is named after my heroine. I would LOVE for those who are interested to take a gander over yonder and give me some feedback. Does the beginning hook you? Do you find it interesting? Are there places of confusion or places I could add more detail? I know it's predictable (romances usually are), but do you want to keep reading to find out what happens? Anything else you think I could improve, change, remove, etc.? I am also open to name suggestions. (Except for Ellie. Her first name will stay Elise... Ellie for short. I am flexible with her last name. Smith was mine for so long I am not sure I want to curse my character with the same one. Other ideas include Stryker, Stone, Strong, Brown, Jones, Johnson. I don't know... just throwing it out there.)

I am hoping that you will help me make this a great project. If you feel uncomfortable leaving a comment on the blog, feel free to send me an email: debbie@burnsfam.org. When I add more to a chapter I will simply edit the same post so it will always read top to bottom. New chapters will get their own link on the right side of the blog.

Thanks for helping me with this! I am SO excited!

2 comments:

Amy said...

debb!
I love the heroines name!!! Yay for all the Ellie's outh there!

Erin said...

lol Elise Smith is no curse to Jason and I as that will be the name of our next girl(if we ever have another). I am so excited to read it! I am headed over now!