Friday, January 1, 2010

New Years Goals for 2010

Personal
Lose weight
Eat healthy
     No fries
     5+ homecooked meals per week
Home decorating
     Main living space
     Guest bedroom
Read at least one new book per month
Develop a workable schedule
Finish baby blankets (they're only 3 years old)
Try my hand at art (drawing and painting)
Break addiction to email

Spiritual
Strengthen my testimony in Christ
Attend the temple at least monthly
Read every Gospel Doctrine assignment
Continue activity in Church
Heart softened and open
Tune myself to the Spirit (basically LISTEN and follow through)

Wife/Homemaker
Re-obtain some Fly Lady skills
5+ homecooked meals per week
Yell at Joe less (I'm not asking for patience because I'm afraid of what I'll get)
Love Josser more

Writing
Ellie rough draft completed by April
Beloved People of the Lord rough draft by December
Increase readership for Cheer & Bless
Publish at least one article or poem
Develop a workable writing schedule
Develop a website and better twitter background

Family
Walk Josser 3x per week
Food storage
Service and charity
Scripture study
Family prayer
Chip away at debt

Travel
New York
Boston
Washington D.C.
Utah

Wants
Dressing Your Truth
Exercise bike
Bed frame
Dresser
i-phone
Small car

Thank you, Katie, for letting me steal your idea and format for my 2010 goals. Love you!

4 comments:

KatieLarson said...

No problem, steal away that is why I posted. :) However, I as a reader and friend, am scared for you and one of your goals. NO FRENCH FRIES? Really. You go girl. I know I could not be so bold. Potatoes are their own food group in my mind. And the daily allotment is like 10 servings a day to survive. No wonder I am one chunky monkey. Let us know how it goes. I am a firm believer in helping one accomplish their goals so I plan to help you achieve success this year. Hope you don't mind...

Nanda said...

Hi Debbie!! I love your blog - but yeah, no on french fries? I'm with Katie above on that one. :)

I miss you! I hope you're doing well! I have loved reading your blog(s) to see how you're doing. Hugs and kisses to my old roomie!

Debbie Burns said...

Katie, heavens yes! keep me on track. It's nice to know I have someone to be accountable to. (I'm too lax with myself... I'll accept any excuse!)

Hey Ananda!!! Thanks for following me. I see you on FB often, but do you have a blog? Maybe I should ask you on FB. Life is great. Recently moved to Maryland and LOVE IT! I miss you too! I still think you are SO INCREDIBLY AMAZING! Loves & hugs...

P.S. To both... yes, fries. It's my version of crack so I've decided to be drug free this year, lol! And for me, it's an all or none kinda thing. So, cold turkey! No fries! So far I'm 4 days fry free!

Erin said...

LOL I love you Deb! Good luck with 2010! I am gonna steal the idea too. I need to write it down if I am to try and stick to it!