Friday, January 22, 2010

Baltimore Excursion

Last Wednesday my friend, Chantel, took my on a quick trip to Baltimore. Mostly I just wanted to see more of the city than the two streets I have walked (Raven's game & Sister Hazel... not prostitution). She was so great to drive me around the whole city. We drove through Little Italy (ADORABLE... can't wait to go back and get some serious pictures), the historical district, the Zoo and all the places in between. We didn't get out as parking was crazy downtown and mostly I just wanted to get a sense of where things are located and how the roads interconnect. Chantel was the best tour guide ever! I loved spending time with her and her adorable son Soren (who is actually going by Franklin now for whatever reason). Anyway. I should have taken more pictures around the city, but I didn't. We stopped at a conservatory by the Zoo for lunch so I pulled out the camera and snapped a few photos. I love how most of them turned out and, against my better judgment, have even decided to post some of me, lol.




Soren did NOT want his picture taken. I snapped this one before he could run away.


He didn't mind taking my photo, however. He was supposed to wait until I was ready but got trigger happy instead. Hence the oh-so-lovely body positioning here!


He also snapped a photo of his mom as she came around the corner. Not bad for an almost 4-year-old.




Chantel and I. Isn't she beautiful?! I love this girl. She gets me out of the house and makes me move... as in walk. At least once a week I find myself walking around a lake with her. She is SO motivating!




A couple of shots from the Orchid Room.


Chantel and Soren. We bribed him with something to sit still. I think it was a chocolate cupcake.


I love mommy-child moments. Here she is showing him that if he puts his finger in the water and holds still, the fish will come to him.


Soren is SUPER curious and oh-so-smart. I love his beautiful, dark brown eyes.


I could not believe the size of the plants in the Desert Room of the conservatory. HUMAN SIZE! Can you say "Little Shop of Horrors?!" I love that Chantel shares my tendency to ham it up! She rocks!


Another man eater.




We had to stop at the fish pond one last time on the way out. I am surprised he didn't dive right in!

Next time I promise to take more pics of the city. I'm going to take Joe to Little Italy sometime soon. The shops and buildings are adorable. I could probably spend hours there. I'll also drag my camera along on one of our walks. I love being able to enjoy the outdoors during the winter. It was in the 40s last week with blue sky and sunshine. I'm told it'll get cold again. Last night it rained ice. Not really hail or sleet. A weird kind of frozen rain. Anyway, good times. Another fun adventure in Maryland!

5 comments:

Naomi said...

I'm so glad you are enjoying yourself over there. And having good friends always makes it a lot more funner! Great pics!

Betsy said...

You need to take a field trip to Charm city cakes. I think they do tours if you call ahead. If you get pictures make sure and share them!!

Darcysmad said...

That looks like it was sooo much fun! I love it when you find something fun to do without even planning on it.

Dustin and Kellie said...

How awesome! I love it! That is so great that you got to see more of the city and that you had someone helping you! What a cute little guy. And the pics were fabulous! Personally I love the orchids! I think you should put the pics of the two of them in a frame and surprise her with a gift. They're really cute- both the bribery pic and the one touching the fish! Total Kodak moments!

Debbie Burns said...

Kellie... if you ever see this again, I can't get to your personal blog. I know you went private and I'm not sure if you ever got my email. Anyway, I'm missing you!