Friday, September 11, 2009

Thank you and Good-bye (to Utah)

First, thank you everyone for your support. I felt so peaceful and calm as I took the stand yesterday. I was confident in my answers and only got flustered once. I know it wouldn't have been as easy (for lack of a better word) without your thoughts and prayers on my behalf. I don't have any updates from the trial at this time. I know I did my best and feel that I am ready to accept whatever happens. I have my fingers crossed for a plea but am willing to move forward with a full on trial. Worst case he walks and gets arrested again for some other stupid crime. I think it helps knowing I won't be around to see it.

Which brings me to my really good news... we are moving to Maryland! Joe just accepted a job offer and we leave in one week to find a place to live. I'll leave him there for work and head back to Utah to finish packing and moving our stuff. I also have to prepare the house to rent. If I can git-r-done without having a nervous breakdown it will be a miracle! But, in the end, I truly believe it will be worth it.

5 comments:

Daisy said...

I'm glad everything went well and so sad to see you guys leave. But happy at the same time. I know how healthy a new adventure together can be. How wonderful for both of you . . . and just in time for Fall Foliage in the New England states. I'm just slightly jealous. Maybe we'll have to make a trip out next fall!

Dustin and Kellie said...

I am so glad that everything went ok with the trial! Phew. How scary for you!
Thats sad you're moving! At least I have your blog to keep me updated. Make sure you update it alot with your fun new adventures. I love you Deb! I'll miss you!

Chad and Kayla said...

I'm glad everything went ok! I'm sad you are leaving Utah, but wish you the best!!

Darcysmad said...

I know I joke on you about not being happy that you're leaving, but I must say I've seen such a change in you. I know you're scared and don't know exactly what's going to happen. But I can feel that you are so excited. And why wouldn't you be? You're moving to a new area and get to start over fresh. How awesome would that be for anyone? So, best of luck!

Josh and Bethany said...

Congratulations on the move to Maryland! That's awesome. It has been a really great experience for Josh and I to move somewhere totally new. I'll have to make my way eastward to see you. I love the East Coast! It's beautiful!