Friday, November 14, 2008

Learning New Stuff

Holy crap! I didn't realize that lurking just beyond the boundaries of my normal Internet/computer life was a whole world of digital scrapbooking. CRAZY! It's just as popular as regular scrapbooking except it all takes place on the computer. You can shop at stores, buy paper, find accessories, and build a million different pages with all the supplies. I have spent the last few days downloading all the freebies I could find. This started with a desire to learn how to design my own unique blog background. I found a great tutorial at http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/ under "Blog Secrets." I have had a blast learning new things and designing my own page. I also took it a little further and designed my own header. I am so excited about how the project turned out! And I am interested in learning more about the secret world (or not so secret world) of digital scrapbooking. I don't know if it will ever replace my stamps & paper, but it will definitely give me some more avenues to explore. hehe!

8 comments:

KatieLarson said...

I would have never thought about designing a blog background...your's looks fantastic. You have such talent!

Erin said...

Your blog looks so great Deb! I love the pics you have on the header they are so cute!

Josh and Bethany said...

Your blog is so cute! Love the header. Digital scrapbooking is about all I can do because I am too much of a perfectionist.

Dustin and Kellie said...

I love your background! It looks great! I used to say I'd never want to get into digital scrapbooking because the reason I scrapbook is that I enjoy cutting, gluing, even getting bad pages. And figuring out why I don't like the page. But ever since I have learned of this fabulous world of blogging, my croping has been majorly neglected. Perhaps digital is something I should try, since I'm always at the computer anyway!

Naomi said...

Funny you mention this and I'm going to say that great minds think alike! LOL. But just a month ago I was wanting the same thing to make my own blog background and header. So I did some searching and holy crap I fell into tons of blogs who apparently were digital scrappers. I had no idea that it even existed to this extent. And freebies galore! Tee Hee, so I too spent hours downloading and playing around and even joined Scrap Orchard (a forum with fun challenges and lots of ladies who share great layouts, go to my blog under links and you'll find it there). Anyhoo, I've been so addicted lately I've almost finished a 20 page book for my parents for Christmas. So fun, and I love your new blog makeover! Way too cute! Ooops, sorry this entry ended up being so long! :)

Anonymous said...

Your blog is adorable. :) Digital scrapbooking is blogging and so much more - would love to know your thoughts on this site - www.digiscrap101.com. It is a digital scrapbooking commmunity focused on learning with free video tutorials, class materials and occasionaly some seriously fun giveaways! hope to see you there!

Amy said...

Your blog looks so cute! I recently discovered digital scrapbooking too, and beware, it's very addicting. It's also cheaper than the other way!

Debbie Burns said...

It is so nice to know I am not alone in this digiscrap world! Thanks for the feedback and the links to new sites. :)