Saturday, February 16, 2008

Little Ian

I had the pleasure of sorting my scrapbook room this morning. Don't worry, it's still not organized! I just can't seem to find a place for everyting. Joe would tell me that means I have too much stuff. But, ladies, can we ever have too much scrapbooking stuff?

Anyway, the pleasurable part of sorting is finding all the treasures one has forgotten about. Today, my treasure came in the form of pictures. My favorites are some of little Ian, our nephew (who, by the way, is not so little anymore). He lived with Joe's parents at the same time we did. At first, I must admit, it was difficult. A little 10-year-old boy hanging right outside our room all the time. Wherever we were, he was there too. But it wasn't long before I enjoyed having him around. He was always quick with lots of personality. I loved our chats and his candidness. You could always count on Ian to tell great stories. He was quite the little writer, too. (Something I hope he has kept up on because he was REALLY good, even at the age of ten.)

I can't remember how long he actually lived with Mom and Dad Burns. I can only remember how much I missed him when he moved with his family to Washington. I know he was just our nephew, but... at times... I felt like he was my own. We see him about once or twice a year now. It's always good times and fun to catch up. I understand he is a famous wrestler at school and, according to his sisters, a ladies man. (He has changed his stance on this issue over the years. During one of our first conversations after he left, he assured me he had at least 5 girl friends. That number has dwindled. Now, he doesn't claim a single one. I think he's just at an age where the talk of relationships makes him shy. Perhaps it means that he is beginning to understand what it means to really like a girl... or perhaps he just can't take the teasing anymore!!!)

Anyway, I hope you enjoy these pictures as much as I do. Two show him all GQ in his tux. (His dad's wedding, I believe). The others are just Ian being Ian.

No comments: