Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Burns Family Update

Okay. So my sister, Erin, finally talked me into starting a blog for our family. This feels a little weird, but I am hoping to make it through. Pictures will have to come later... when I actually have some to share! Until then, I'll give you a little update on the family.

Where to start? Hmmm. Well, about 6 months ago Joe & I (with my brothers Mike, Jason, Jon and Brandon) started an I.T. company called Aktor Consulting. VERY excitint stuff. We enjoy having our own business and our pleased that it already pays for itself, though we are always looking for more growth. It has been difficult and full of challenges, but also very rewarding. I am addicted! When Aktor is stable and more than self-sufficient, I will deffinitely be looking into more companies and opportunities.

On the homefront, Joe gave me the best Christmas present ever! A new home! We moved into our little 4 bedroom home the weekend before Christmas (after living in a VERY small 3 bedroom apartment). Jon is living with us, so it is nice to have a little more space (you know, for breathing and such).

Joe & I are coming up on our 7th year anniversary. Sometimes I forget that we have been married for so long! But we have loved every minute. I've discovered that your best friend makes the best spouse. We have many things we enjoy doing together: rock band, rock climbing, hockey (he plays, I watch), chilling, and more. We can't wait for the Spring when we can climb again.

We hope everyone else is doing well and I promise to add some pictures soon. Loves and hugs,

Joe & Debbie

3 comments:

Erin said...

Woot I can't wait for the updates!!! I even have some pics on my camera that you will want to put up. Love you!

Susan said...

So glad to read your new blog. Look forward to reading updates as you go along.

Come down and see us. We even have rapelling walls in Snow Canyon Park, just 8 minutes from our house. Everytime we've been there, there have been climbers.

We love you guys.

Nathan said...

Cool to have a place to read about your comings and goings. We miss you guys.