Thursday, February 14, 2013

Naval Undersea Museum

We spent Valentine's Day doing what I love... NOT doing what everyone else is, lol! We skipped the fancy dinner, the box of chocolates, and a dozen roses that I'll accidentally kill in favor of a tour of Andrew's town with a trip to the Naval Undersea Museum. Nothing says I love you like a torpedo!

Taking a backseat in the clown car. SO SMALL!

Suit used by Navy divers for deep sea expeditions.
The exhibit reminded me of the movie THE SPHERE. Gave me the creeps.

Joe with best friend Andrew. Two peas in a pod.

I can't believe divers used to wear these. No seals!
You just went down and hoped the air pressure was enough
to keep the water out. Let's just say it didn't always work that way.
My steampunk torpedo! SO COOL!



Love, love, love! Wish they made these in miniature.
Cute hubby.
Together forever.
Another quick photo of my Valentine's hair! Ali let me borrow her pink hair crayon
so we could have matching bangs. That girl is so cute!

We ended the day with homemade lasagna and artisan bread. Andrew makes the best bread! Should have taken a picture of all of his creations. Grateful to he, Kylie, Jackson and Ali for taking such great care of us!!!

No comments: