Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Good-bye Grandpa

Grandpa Porter passed away on Sunday, August 29, 2010 around 3:03p. I missed the call so I didn't hear about it until Jimmy called because he saw something on facebook. I know it seems horrible, to learn about your grandpa's death via facebook, but I'm kind of glad. If it wasn't for the social media, I may not have found out until much, MUCH later. Maybe even Monday. So, while I wish someone would have tried Joe's phone, I am glad Jimmy saw Erin's note and thought to give us a call... at least that way I knew the night it happened.

I've written a couple of letters to Grandpa Porter for various things, so I thought I'd just link to those instead of re-writing. I seem to be all tapped out of words at the moment.

Eternal Families: A Letter to My Grandpa (recent)

Happy Birthday Grandpa (old post)

2 comments:

Betsy said...

Sorry Debs. I hope you can remember the good times and keep a happy heart!


I know this is kinda out of the blue, but I just wanted to let you know after everything is taken care of with your Grandpa, I would like to invite you to come visit me and my family. All you need to do is buy a plane ticket and I would love to take care of the rest(sadly it would mostly be my sad cooking and bribing Nate to cook for us.) I would love to have you come to our chaos and be able to just sit and talk. Don't give this invite the oh no I can't, talk to Joe and escape your life for a couple days or week. Anyway I just had this feeling you need this, maybe it is just indigestion, but if you feel at all inclined talk to Joe and let me know!!

Anonymous said...

hope your doing ok!

Ps those are big dogs!